During the 1880’s, the oldest daughter, Maria Florido Yap, married a native from Obando, Bulacan, Don Mariano San Diego, who was Parian’s “Cabeza de Barangay ” (District Head) at that time.
Just a few years ago (2008), the old ancestral home was turned over to Doña Maria’s great great grandson, Val Sandiego. Val himself is known in Cebu at present times as an art collector, renowned choreographer and heritage icon.
Under his care, he started to search for ways in restoring the Yap-Sandiego Ancestral Housefor he believes in the value of his ancestor’s home to the history and heritage of Cebu. And though there have been offers to buy the house from him, he still continues to ignore such proposals and vows never to sell this historical house in his lifetime.
The house for its priceless antiquities and century-old treasures of Philippine history hold secrets that will make us understand more of our past. With the knowledge this house offers, we will begin to truly understand how we became what we are today. For more reservation and more information.
- I shall return said Gen.Douglas McArthur visit the place of those famous words
- DO YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE? YOU WILL LOVE THE CHOCOLATE
- One of The Preserved Ancestral House in The Philippines
- YOUR NEXT AMAZING EXPERIENCE WITH THE GENTLE GIANTS
- IT'S HARD NOT TO SAY ' WOW' ABOUT TIBIAO