Corregidor Military History
You will be collected from your hotel by your personal tour guide; travelling in an air-conditioned car or minibus depending on tour size. You will be returned to your hotel after enjoying a fabulous evening meal.
Corregidor Island is just 6.5 kilometers by 2 kilometers in land area and is located right at the entrance of Manila Bay. Due to its location, Corregidor was fortified and used many times in the defence of Manila. During World War II, it played an important role for Filipino and American forces fighting the invasion of the Japanese. Corregidor has gone down in history as the last military bastion during the Japanese take-over of the Philippines in 1942. Many of the structures were left in ruins after the war and have never been re-built. The island is now an important remnant of Filipino history and also serves as a memorial to the American, Filipino and Japanese soldiers who lost their lives in battle.
When General Douglas MacArthur recaptured Corregidor in 1945, the Allied Forces used the island as their headquarters. In particular, the 250 metre underground Malinta Tunnel was crucial. It was completely protected from artillery and air attacks which made it perfect to house the allied control centre, supplies and hospital facilities. The tunnel is one of the highlights for visitors today.
There is more to Corregidor than just military history. The island also has walking trails where you can take in the rainforest and do some bird watching. There is also a beach to explore.
- 10 hours of taking in the history with your personal local tour guide
- All inclusive tour – everything organised for you
- Exclusive service – enjoy this day with only those you book on the tour
- Pacific War Memorial and Japanese Garden
- Underground Malinta Tunnel
- Cinema Corregidor and Spanish Lighthouse
- The guns of Battery Way and Battery Hearn
- Picturesque ferry transfer from Manila to Corregidor Island
- Return ferry transport
- Buffet lunch on Corregidor Island
- All entry fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in air-conditioned luxury
- English-speaking guide
- Dinner at one of our guides favourite spots in Manila
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Spending money for drinks and souvenirs
- Your camera
1 person – $380
2 people – $350 per person
3 to 6 people – $320 per person
7 to 11 people – $290 per person
Prices are in AUD.
Prices are based on pickup and drop off in the Makati Business Area or Malate Manila Area. Guests outside these areas are requested to meet at a pre-arranged point. This extra transport can be arranged at an additional charge.